World Bee Day at Coburg Farmers’ Market
Coburg Farmers Market, 92 BellSt, Coburg VIC Australia
Saturday 22 May, 8:00am - 1:00pm
We need bees!
There are over 20,000 species of bee that exist globally and Australia is home to around 2,000 species of native bee. Bees are important to our livelihood as they help to pollinate most of the crops we eat and many that feed farm animals. Nearly two-thirds of Australia’s agricultural production benefits from bee pollination.
Without bees, our food security is at risk.
To celebrate bees and educate our community, we are excited to be hosting this bee-themed farmers’ market…
• Meet Benedict of The Practical Beekeeper.
• Enjoy tastings of local honey varieties + pick up a jar or two for home.
• View a live working beehive (contained in glass for safe viewing).
• Bee educated by the folks at Pollination Alliance – including educational info for the kids!
• Learn about the importance of bees to our food systems and future!
Our World Bee Day celebrations will form a part of our classic Saturday farmers’ market. All events are run to our strict COVID safe plans. If you are unwell, we advise you not to attend.
We look forward to seeing you there! Buzz buzzzzzz.