Merri-bek Community Grant Program opportunities for 2022-2023
We are pleased to share with you information about the Community Grants Program.
The program aims to support not-for-profit community groups or groups auspiced as well as support for individuals that are selected to participate in an endeavour. Funding can support community led initiatives and collaborative projects and organisations that demonstrate multiple benefits and focuses on the wider Merri-bek community.
- Attend an Information session online or in-person. Register to attend here.
- Download and Read the NEW Community Grant Program Guidelines here.
- Please note a few things have changed following a program review.
- Read the program objectives. funding priorities and principles here.
- E-mail email@example.com with your idea and the grants team will connect you with the most appropriate Council officer to speak with.
- Speak with us or call 9240 1111 – more contact info on our website here.
- Visit Councils website for more information about the grants program, how to apply, preparing your application, FAQ’s, support and more.
Grants Open All Year Round
Must be submitted 4 weeks prior to activity starting.
|Community Participation Grant – for individuals||Support to individuals who are residents of Merri-bek that have been selected to pursue an achievement and / or development activity in their chosen area of expertise. Funding up to $750.
– Fill out the application form.
|Community Participation Grant – for groups||Community groups and organisations needing support with quick response funding for programs and activities designed to build participation in the community includes projects that fall outside of the annual grants timeframes. Funding up to $3,000.|
|Membership Activity Grant||Supports Merri-bek based community groups incorporated community groups who meet on a regular basis to address issues of isolation and promote active community involvement. Funding up to $3,000 per year for 3 years.|
Categories below open 3 January and close 3 March 2023 – Outcome notified May 2023 – funding start 1 July 2023
|Community Strengthening Grant||To support projects that enhance the Moreland Community and aim to address areas such as social inclusion and community participation, environmental sustainability, healthy and active living and creating vibrant spaces. Funding up to $7,000.|
|Organisational Establishment Grant||To support newly established organisations or groups over three years to grow and become independent. Funding up to $10,000 per annum for 3 years.|
|Facility Improvement Grants
|This funding supports changes to community facilities or assets that will help community members participate more in community life. Priority is given to community-led projects that increase community access and participation, demonstrate collaboration between groups and result in greater use of facilities. Two types of grants are available.
Funding up to $10,000.
Funding up to $40,000
An Expression of Interest (EOI) must be submitted to be eligible to submit a full application.
Expressions of Interest open April to November – submit your EOI