Need help with paying for your energy bills this winter?
Victorians can now claim the $250 Power Saving Bonus from the Victorian Government. You may be able to save more money by comparing the best priced electricity offers available to you.
To compare and apply for the bonus go to Victorian Energy Compare.
To be eligible for the bonus you must be a account holder of your households electricity account. Only one payment is available per household.
Applications are open between 1 July 2022 and 30 June 2023.
Support from community organisations
Targeted and tailored support is available through participating community organisations to assist eligible households to apply for the $250. Community organisations are offering support either over-the-phone or in-person.
- Good Shepherd, who can be contacted on 1300 026 500.
- The National Debt Helpline – Consumer Action Law Centre, who can be contacted on 1800 149 689.
- The Brotherhood of St. Laurence (and partners Australian Energy Foundation, GV Community Energy and Uniting Vic.Tas), who can be contacted on 1800 830 029.
- Neighbourhood House – you can drop into a local Neighbourhood House centre for more information or call Good Shepherd on 1300 026 500 to find the closest Neighbourhood House that is currently offering support.
- The Ethnic Community Council Victoria – in-person events, call 9354 9555 to get more details.