Help shape Council’s action on the environment.
We are currently recruiting to fill a number of vacancies that have become available in Councils existing Advisory Committees and Reference Groups including the Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee.
About Advisory Committees
Merri-bek City Council’s Advisory Committees and Reference Groups provide advice to our Council on their specific area of expertise and experiences, playing an important role in the Council’s decision-making.
These groups are guided by the community’s aspirations which are captured in Merri-bek’s Community Vision for 2021 to 2031 (PDF). They provide relevant input to support Council in delivering its 4-year Council Plan. You can find out about our 4-year Council plan on our Conversations Merri-bek website.
About the Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee
The role of the Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee is to share information and collaborate to enhance the collective impact of Council and community-led actions for a just transition to a zero-carbon, zero-waste, and climate-resilient municipality.
The Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee also:
- provides a forum for information sharing, networking, and collaboration between Council and community groups engaged in fostering local responses to the climate and ecological crisis
- assists Council, community groups, and individuals to successfully engage and empower the local community, organisations, and businesses
- assists in collecting information to measure (and share) collective impact
- supports continuous learning and improvement
- brings up issues of community concern that Council should know about or take a role in addressing
The committee meets 5 times a year on an evening either in-person or online.
How to apply
Read more about the advisory committees, required skills and experience and how to apply on the Merri-bek City Council website.
Applications close on January 2nd 2024.
If you are chosen to be on a committee or group, you will be a part of this committee or group for the rest of the Council term, until 30 June 2025.